Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know which type of entertainment to book?

Firstly, think about the specific type of entertainment you are looking for to make your event an unforgettable one. The Retrobrothers' website makes it easy to search through all the Entertainment we have available.

For a detailed, no obligation quote, you can either make a very quick enquiry around your dates, budget, and location using the online enquiry or if you have  narrowed down your search to a few chosen entertainment ideas you can contact us to discuss further.

Alternatively you can simply contact us directly with your enquiries, where we will be happy to assist you.

We will be able to make recommendations based on the information you provide and assist you with any further questions that you may have to ensure that you book the perfect entertainment.


How do I make a booking?

Once you are 100% happy that the entertainment you have chosen is the one for you, we will issue a booking contract to both you and The Retrobrothers. To confirm the booking you will then be required to pay a deposit which can be made using a secure method either by cheque, PayPal or bank transfers.

In most cases you will pay the remaining balance directly to The Retrobrothers on the day of the event (usually by either cash or cleared cheque). In the event that this is not possible you may also pay cash in advance via paypal or cleared cheque 7 days before the event.


What if I need to cancel?

Cancellation fees are as follows:

If you cancel after 48 hours of placing your booking and up to 3 months before the event, loss of deposit plus 50% of the remaining balance would be due.

Within 3 months but before 2 months from the event, loss of deposit plus 75% of the remaining balance would be due.

Within 2 months of the event, loss of deposit plus 100% of the remaining balance would be due.


My venue has a sound limiter. What does this mean?


Your venue may have informed you that they have a sound limiter fitted. These are devices which measure the volume of sound in a room, and in most cases cut off the electricity supply if the sound volume remains above a pre-defined threshold for more than 10-15 seconds. Often this is because they are surrounded by local residents who have complained about the noise.

If you have booked a venue with a sound limiter then it is important to understand the following.

Entertainment can be loud. Not deliberately so, and varies from act to act and from style to style. The Retrobrothers are used to playing to sound limiters but bear in mind there is a limit on how quiet they can be. Usually most acts can play within a 95 decibel limiter. Any lower than this then they may struggle. If your venue has a sound limiter and you are unsure how this may affect your entertainment, we are happy to advise, jusy contact us now.


Can I pick which songs the artistes will sing/play?

The Retrobrothers are more than happy for you to pick songs you definitely do or don't want them to play, however it is advised that you don't plan the entire set-list from start to finish. Remember these guys are the experts at getting your dance floor rocking!


How much space will they need and do they need a stage?

As a basic rule they usually need about 2m x 3m. If you are unsure about any aspect of this then just contact us for more information.


Is there anything i need to provide for my chosen Entertainment Act?

What they need will always be included in your contract but they will usually need the following:

Changing rooms

After the act have set up they like somewhere to get changed into their stage attire. There’s usually no reason to spend any money on hiring a room or anything as most reputable venues will be happy to assist with this. A room with a mirror would be appreciated and the room should be secure so they can leave their day clothes in there whilst they perform. Toilets are a last resort really but if no changing room is available, please let them know in advance.

Food and drinks

If your act is performing just in the afternoon, soft drinks, water, tea and coffee will usually suffice.

For evening entertainment you will need to provide hot food and soft drinks. A hot meal or a share of your evening food or buffet should suffice. Please bear in mind that they will usually be away from home for anything from 12 – 16 hours and have likely already had sandwiches for lunch on their travels. If for some reason it is impossible to cater for the artiste at your venue, please let them know well in advance.

If you can let the bar staff know that soft drinks and tea/coffee are free for them to drink (or make arrangements for plenty to be provided in the boys' changing room) then that would be much appreciated.


We also do Karaoke hire for home or office parties and cover all over the North West, including Bolton, Westhoughton, Warrington, Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, Stockport, Liverpool, Leigh, Wigan, North Manchester, South Manchester, Chorlton, Blackpool, Chorley, Preston, Blackburn Adlington, Blackrod, Wigan, Standish, Lytham, Ormskirk, Lytham St Annes, Southport Garstang, Fleetwood,Bury, Radcliffe, Rochdale, Oldham